Our guide will give you the tools to plan your perfect trip.
We are thrilled to offer an in-depth, step-by-step Tour du Mont Blanc Planning Guide which will walk you through every aspect of the preparation process for the TMB. From deciding which direction to hike, understanding what to expect at each stage, and learning how to navigate using just your smartphone, our program will save you hours of stress and endless Google searching.
We limit the number of guides we sell to ensure that we can give personalized support to everyone who uses it. Get yours before they sell out!
What Can You Expect?
The modules in our guide include essential information and helpful videos to walk you through the entire planning process in the easiest and most efficient way possible. By using our planning guide, you will…
- Utilize an easy-to-follow timeline to ensure you don’t miss out on making reservations and getting good deals
- Learn which bookings need to be made in advance and how to make them
- Evaluate which accommodation type will be best for you, and receive our recommendations for the can’t-miss places to stay
- Create a budget for your trip, estimate expenses in every spending category, and use our best tips for saving money
- Learn how to turn your smartphone into a GPS device for navigating on the trail (even without cell service!)
- Receive detailed maps and descriptions of each stage, including GPS coordinates
- Get in shape for the hike using our three-month training plan
- Use our thorough packing lists and gear recommendations to put together the perfect kit
- Create a customized trek using our itinerary-building tool and sample itineraries
- Get email access to us for personalized Q&A support
- Option for customized one-on-one consulting
- And much more!
Is our planning guide right for you?
The resources in our guide are invaluable for both novice and experienced travelers and hikers. Our guide is perfect for you if…
- You want to make the most of your TMB trek, but you’re insanely busy and can’t devote the countless hours of research it would take to do it yourself.
- You are new to backpacking and/or international travel and want to make sure you’ve prepared properly.
- You dread the planning process and want to enlist a couple of “Type A” enthusiasts to do the grunt work.
- You want to complete the trek independently (instead of joining a tour group), but want access to a wide-range of planning tools, resources, and insider tips that are typically only available from a tour company.
Who is this NOT for?
- Those looking for a guided trek. Our resource is focused on the planning process but does not provide on-trail support.
- Those who want a travel agency. We give you the necessary tools and shortcuts, but you still need to make bookings yourself.
- Those who enjoy combing through guidebooks, translating foreign websites, calling remote mountain huts to ask random questions, and generally reinventing the wheel.
It used to be that if you wanted assistance in planning a trek like the TMB, you only had a few options. You could join a guided group tour, or if you preferred to be more independent you could use a travel agency or self-guided tour service. If you’ve made it here, we’re guessing you’re more of the independent type.
That means, before our planning tool was available, you’d be paying upwards of $2,000 for a self-guided tour! Our guide puts more of the planning back in your hands, but in a way that is easy, efficient, and comprehensive. It also gives you more choice and autonomy to completely customize your trip the way you want it (unlike the cookie-cutter self-guided tours).
By using our guide, you’ll not only spend hundreds less than you would on a self-guided tour, but you’ll receive valuable insights on transportation, lodging, and food that will save you tons of money while hiking. Plus, with a 100% money-back guarantee, you can feel confident that you’re getting the best planning product out there.
We know you’re probably thinking something along the lines of, “But I could just do this myself.” And you know what? That’s totally true. But to get the kind of information we’ve spent the past two years combing guidebooks, scouring websites, and picking the brains of fellow hikers and locals, you would pretty much need to make researching the TMB your new part-time job (trust us, we know because we’ve done it).
And there’s no equivalent for experience. Our planning guide has thought of everything so you don’t need to, and it will walk you through the process in a quick, easy, step-by-step manner. We’ll provide you with a timeline for planning your trip so you don’t miss out on making reservations or getting the best prices. Our guide takes the stress out of planning so you can focus on other things (and still have a life).
Ready to start planning your perfect TMB adventure?
Hi! We’re Emily and Ian, a married couple based in Boulder, CO. We share a passion for the outdoors, touring the globe, and travel planning. So when we discovered the Tour du Mont Blanc, it was like the universe had conspired to combine all of our favorite things. We hiked the TMB in the summer of 2017 and completely fell in love with the mountains, cultures, and the travel experience that can be had with just our feet and our backpacks.
However, in preparing for the trip, we quickly learned that there is a lack of clear, reliable, easy-to-access information out there. We put a LOT of work into planning our own trip, and we wanted to share it with our fellow hikers. Thus, TMBtent.com was born and we haven’t looked back. As we’ve grown the site, we’ve had the opportunity to connect with numerous locals and hikers in order to continually grow our knowledge base.
Nowadays, we are one of the top-ranked TMB resources on the web, and we’re constantly adding and updating our content. In summary, we are just a couple of travel planning enthusiasts who want to help others experience how awesome the TMB can be. We would love to be part of your journey!
FAQWhat happens when I purchase a Planning Guide?
What if I'm not satisfied with the guide?
How long will I be able to access the materials?
What kind of support is available once I purchase the guide?
How do I know my payment information is safe?
How long will it take to plan my trip using your guide?